-=PCTechTalk=- computer "Check cable signal" ???

  • From: "ArmChairPaintClasses/Madeleine Jacobs" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:18:50 -0700

We have a used computer given to us that we checked out.
It kept saying "check cable signal". I'm
guessing that had to do with the monitor because it
basically did the same thing when I hooked up my
monitor to it. I hooked that monitor to my computer
and it worked fine. Essentially, I established that it
isn't the monitor. My manager gave me a video card and
said to try that but that didn't work either. Does
anyone of you know enough about computers to tell
me what that means? I do realize that it means
something is wrong with the computer. I just don't
know enough about this computer or what to try. THANKS!
Madeleine