-=PCTechTalk=- Word 97 question

  • From: "Sylvia" <sylviam@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:58:53 -0700

My son recently received an older computer as a gift.  (he is handicapped &
on a fixed LOW income). I have been working on it and have been able to
change the User name in the registry etc, dump all sensitive files and so
forth. The only thing I can't figure out how to change is the User name in
the copy of Word 97 that was already on the computer.

Can someone tell me how to do that? Or will I have to purchase the program
and install it? Sure don't want top do that. One other thing: I thought
that by changing the User name in the registry it would get rid of the "log
on to Windows" that comes up when you boot up. But it is still there and
the former owner can't remember the password. Of course he can just click
on "cancel" and get into it but it would be nice if he didn't have to.

TIA,

USA-Sylvia