-=PCTechTalk=- Wireless Internet Troubles

  • From: Cosmic <cosmicc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 05:00:50 -0400

 I will try and be brief and to the point .. I have a wireless network set
upusing a Wireless Linksys WRT54G router .. It is hard wired to my Windows 7
machine &my GF has a linksys wireless net card installed .. The network
worksgreat a little slow at times but I know it is are old house and we will
work on that down the road .. What we are trying to do now is take the
Verizon westell 6100 modem out of the living room (connected to her XP
machine) and move it into the "Man Room" and connect it to the router so we
both have internet. I had it working for a few days last week until one of
our cats knocked a wire loose and it reset itself . I understand bridge mode
and so on .. My Question is this; do All the PC's involved and router have
tobe off when I hook the modem up ?? Also, about how long once I hook the
modem to router and turn on the PC's should wireless internet work on her
machine ?? I went through all the same steps I did before yesterday and
neither PC had internet and after 15 minutes (yes I have a patience problem)
I gave up . lol Thanx for your Help All .
in the Subject.