-=PCTechTalk=- VMs

  • From: "Lilian" <lilian.oswaldocruz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 23:33:04 -0300

Hi everyone,

I´ve been AWOL from the group due to internet problems and lack of time.
Took me some time to get the router and 3G modem to live in peace and not
having much spare time to do this meant there were quite a few days I didn´t
even switch the computers on!  But now all is ok and the 3 computers are
linked and able to go online.  I have a question, though... My main computer
is a dual boot (Win XP 32bits and Win XP 64 bits).  I´ve read about Virtual
Machine that allows you to switch from one os to another without having to
reboot.  But I have no idea what a VM is  and how it works.  I looked it up
in Google and found these sites below that gave me some insight.  I also
read that Microsoft has a virtual machine but because of legal problems with
SunJava its not offering it for download anymore.

http://www.vmware.com/virtualization/
https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/?p=esxi

I don´t know if I am reading the correct articles, but any info you can give
me on the subject will be appreciated  :o))

Lil