-=PCTechTalk=- Thunderbird mail

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTT <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:00:28 +1200

Hi pctters

I have a problem with Mozilla Thunderbird mail.  I was able to send mail
to myself, but when I attemted to open it with Thunderbird, I received
the following message:

'Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pop.ihug.co.nz
responded: authorization failed'

When I tried using standard Mozilla, there was the 'test' posting.

I have checked my settings, and all seems to be correct. What do I need
to do, please?  It seems that I might need to change my login name,
perhaps, or delete Mozilla mail in favour of Thunderbird Mail.

Is there a simpler solution, or must I do what I suggest?

Also can I import mail from one to the other?

TIA

Rick H