-=PCTechTalk=- Scan Disk help for xp

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:44:50 -0500

Hi
I am having a problem with scan disk.  I had this happen last time I think
and cannot remember how I fixed it.  I went to start, my computer, C drive,
right clicked on it, properties, tools, scan disk, put checks in both boxes,
ok, then told me I had to restart for it to scan and something else.  So I
restarted and it said cannot open volume and something about NTFS file..
then brought my screen up for my password to login to my desktop.  And now
it does that everytime i start computer back up.

I dont recall if I had to uninstall firewall or something, I did disable it
first before trying to scan,.

help,
cristy