-=PCTechTalk=- Re: zonealarm

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:44:52 -0800

Hi Cristy,
I donlt know about updating it.

But I downloaded it yesterday on 2 computers that
I gave away today on Freecycle.
www.freecycle.org

They were only on for about 5 hours each as I installed
XP and all the updates since SP1

After the updates I installed Revo Unistaller (free)
www.revouninstaller.com/

I like to install it as soon as posible after the OS

Then Avira AV free  www.free-av.com/
Then the free ZoneAlarm
http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/zonealarm-pc-security-free-firewall.
htm

! warning it tries to install a toolbar remove the check marks  !

I left one computer running while reinstaiing the OS and software on
the other.

Both were left running overnight just to make sure they did
not have overheating or other problems.

One of the was a P4 Dell
It did not like my MS supplied XPSP3 updates CD and kept
shutting down after restaring.
I booted to Safe mode and used System Restore to before the SP3
install.
Then restarted normaly and went through the Windows updates
for Service Pack 2 then SP3 then 78 updates.

BTW: the DVD ISO  I made from Microsoft of the Febuary Critical
         Updates only showed 'Server 2003" updates for some reason.
A waste of DVD and 3 hours of download time.
I don't know why so long for 1.8gig

Mike the mod @ PCTechTalk & vista_ & Win7