-=PCTechTalk=- Re: xp restore

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:27:07 +1200

I can't understand that.  I have had SystemRestore on WinME  and now on
WinXP Home.  It has always worked effectively me, except for one short
period when it kept returning the "SystemRestore could not restore your
Computer...."message.  If I remember correctly there was a fix for this
that I d'l'd.

Below is the update from Microsoft.  Perhaps this is what is missing,
but I can't tell in your case!  Worth a try?  Reformatting is a huge
pain - avoid it at all costs.

Rick H

WinMeUpdate  209700usam.exe  is the essential update to restore the
SYSTEM RESTORE Utility.