-=PCTechTalk=- Re: wireless router question

  • From: "recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 08:31:06 -0400

There was absolutely no mention whatsoever of a laptop in the first
message of this thread.  Your mentioning of only the Dell  suggested it
was the Dell you were hooking up to the router.  My answer therefore was
intended for the Dell and the Dell only with no thought to a second
computer.  I hope that better explains my answer and ends your confusion.

Don

cristy wrote:
> Hi Don,
>
> I must be really tired but I am a little confused.  I have a desktop (Dell)
> and a laptop (HP).  I want to be able to use the laptop in my home in
> another room using the high speed connection from the cable modem hooked up
> to my desktop.  So I am a little confused when you ask if I plan to connect
> to the router via cable vs wireless?  Do I need to buy the adapter if I will
> be using the laptop and the desktop in the same house at the same time?
>
> thanks
> christy

in the Subject.