-=PCTechTalk=- Re: winmx

  • From: Stan B <pelagicgeek@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 00:41:15 -0400 (EDT)

I'm curious as to whether longer queues are more of a
function of people unwilling to share what they have,
combined with growing numbers of d/l requests.  I've
used Winmx, grokster, kazaa and recently kazaalite,
and I'm finding more and more people d/l'ing large
files from me, that have nothing to share themselves.
Sometimes I let it go, but lately, if somebody is d/l
a large file and it appears they do not want to share
anything themselves, then I send a terse message
indicating that I only share with people that also
share, and then cancel their d/l from my machine. So
far, nobody has had the guts to answer or complain.

...Steve