-=PCTechTalk=- Re: winmx

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:29:28 +1200

Since upping to WinMx3.2 I found the same....huge queues for
almost everything.  So I installed KaZaA.  I was thrilled with the
  speed with which it 'found' things.  I had four downloads going
last night - started off with over 6kb per sec but slowed down as
the end approached (and, presumably activity in the Western world
stepped up).  Would you believe at one stage 0·03kb per sec was
par for the course?  Good high speed stuff.  How long to d/l
1gig???LOL

Rick
.