-=PCTechTalk=- Re: wacom products

  • From: Lacey <stormy1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 03:43:01 -0700

Mary Lou,

You will find that the actually drawing area of the tablet is NOT what
you're limited to for your drawing area. Just like your mouse pad isn't the
size of area you're limited to working with when you're using a mouse. With
the drawing tablet we have, the pen or stylus takes over the function of the
mouse while you're using it. So for example in Paint Shop Pro, when you are
using the pen or paintbrush tool, you use the stylus to write or draw and it
pretty much comes out as it would if you were drawing on paper. It takes a
little while to get the hand-eye coordination down properly but I find that
I can sign my name with the stylus and it actually LOOKS like my signature!
I sure can't do that with the mouse!!

So in answer to your question (I hope) I don't think you need to worry about
getting a big drawing area -- ours is 5 x 7 (I think) and you can just
scroll around as you can with a mouse, only you have more precise control
over what you're drawing, or filling in, or coloring or whatever you do with
it.

Ours is a Jam Studio Graphics tablet (who have now gone out of business) but
you can find the tablets on some US computer dealer websites for quite
cheap -- much less than the wacom or graphhire tablets and I don't see how
they are any different.  Now.... If I could only get it working on the kids
older computer, I could have my computer back to myself!! :)

Hope that helps somewhat!
~Lacey~