-=PCTechTalk=- Re: storing oe files

  • From: "ted" <ted_clark@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:40:06 +0100

i wrote this and dumped it twice, but i think it's worth saying.
'what i does' becaused of shortage of space on my O.S. HDD.

OE6 does not allow storing on a removable disc; i therefore move my files [drag
and drop] to this removable disc when they reach a
near critical size, and label the file in a suitable manner [still keeping the
original name of course].
when i want to read them, i load a copy of oe6 onto this disc and 'import' them.
while i still have the room, the oe6 remains there but i delete all the files
to clear the way for the next time.
'make do and mend'  'salvage'; it was dinned into we wrinklies.
cheers ted

From: "Glo" <redowl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Compacting OE Files
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:59:54 -0700
Well ok, that explains it then; I thought something was wrong with them.
Sort of like Quicken then, you can backup the files but can't just "read" them.
 Thanks! ~Glo