-=PCTechTalk=- Re: storage question

  • From: Disastar <disastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 00:41:46 -0500

I just did some research and WinZIP fixed it's .ZIP passwords starting with
version 9, so .ZIP is now secure.  You should probably use .ZIP then because
WinXP supports reading .ZIP files to some extent.  If you use another type
then whoever downloads your archive might need to get IZArc if they don't
already have a program to unarchive files.

If you use IZArc to archive files then do the following:

1) Find the file(s) you want to archive with password in Explorer.
2) Highlight and right-click the file(s)
3) Choose IZArc / Add to Archive File
4) Change Archive Type to ZIP
5) Change Encryption to "AES - 256 bit"
6) Click Password button and enter password
7) Click Add button to start archiving