-=PCTechTalk=- Re: reformating hard drive.

  • From: <sandy1943@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 07:51:12 -0000

thanks!  SandyLea
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Crews" <rec46@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 3:44 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: reformating hard drive.

Sandylea,

My suggestion to you is this.  Since you think you have problems with your
backup/restore as well as OE, then reinstalling OE would not be enough.
However, I'd take my PC to the shop and ask them to wipe my hard drive clean
and start from scratch.  When you get your PC back from them, it will be
just as if it were a brand new PC.  Then from that day on, I'd backup my PC
at least right before I install anything at all.  You might also want to
backup your PC as soon as you get it back home from the repair shop.  Don't
forget, if you ever have a problem that damaged your hard drive, then a
restore will not fix it.  However, anytime you get a virus or trojan that
just messes with your PC and/or causes you problems, then a restore will fix
it.

Good Luck,
Bob