-=PCTechTalk=- Re: reformating hard drive.

  • From: Colleen Gayle Lane <colleen.lane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:45:02 -0500

 That probably explains it.  I have Pro.  Found this on a website:
Automated System Recovery (ASR) - In a somewhat controversial move,
Microsofthas removed the Backup utility from the default Windows XP Home
Edition, though it is available as an optional installation if you can find
it on the CD-ROM (hint: it's in the /valueadd folder).

At 04:30 PM 2/9/2005, you wrote:

Colleen,  what OS do you have?  My wife and I have winXP Home and
"ntbackup.exe" IS NOT on our computer.  Maybe it's on win95 and win98 but
it's not on winXP Home.  XP has "system restore" and it does everything.

Bob