-=PCTechTalk=- Re: processors, AMD vs. Intel?

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 21:27:19 -0800

Hi Christy,
that computer looks like a Gateway:

<http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9156478&type=product&id=12180
38551741>

I've heard of a few bad Gateway computer from people on the groups.

It come with 4 gig of ram
Make sure it is 2 X 2gig sticks other wise you may have to
remove them to upgrade to 8 gig

The shared video means if you have 4 gig the video will lock
out the use of 512 meg of the ram.

If you buy a computer insist on getting the OS CD with it as
part of the deal. Or have them create a full restore DVD
of it. (which will unfortunately include all the crapwear they
bundle with it):
Norton trial
Office Trial
AOL trial