-=PCTechTalk=- Re: popup killer program

  • From: "andy" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:35:10 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 8:42 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: popup killer program

> Most ISP's that do this do it as a service to their customers and most
> allow you to set the criteria or override it for sites/addresses.  They
> have their own interest in mind too, and it isn't to stop you from seeing
> this or make you view that.  Bandwidth and servers are overhead costs for
> them that result in higher cost per user or lower profit margin.  They
> don't care about legitimate traffic - it's their job - but many,
(including
> me) see spam and popup advertising as anything but legitimate traffic.

It's not the Spam I want to see, but if I want to see a page, I don't expect
to see it blocked by my ISP just because it has pop ups. I have some
webspace (free) which opens up 2 windows and, occasionally, a download for
Gator-a quick click on the 'X' is a small price to pay for 100mb of free
space for me, and the information my site offers to the people that visit it

Andy