-=PCTechTalk=- Re: photo question hope you can help

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:10:25 -0400

A lot of disk writing software will not write directly to a CD.  Instead you
must first write them to the hard drive and then burn them to CD.

If that is the case here, you should search on the computer that burned the
disc.  The two most likely places will be in the recycle bin or in the MY
Pictures folder somewhere.  Try searching for *.jpg on drive C: or if you
remember a specific filename replace the *.jpg with filename.jpg.

It is also possible the pictures could be in a temp file somewhere...
especially if the pictures were downloaded from the internet... say from a
photo service like Wal-Mart offers.  If they exist in a temp folder they
should show in the search suggested above.  Be sure to search ALL hard
drives in the computer.

If you downloaded the pictures from a camera or a memory stick or a USB
flash drive or an external drive of any sort the pictures may still be in/on
the device they were downloaded from.  I would bet on the camera as the best
chance since software I have experience with does not automatically delete
the pictures after a download.

If the pictures were never written to the hard drive or never existed on an
external device or if the external device has been erased, you are most
likely out of luck.

More details of the download and burn to disc would help to get you more
specific advice.

Don