-=PCTechTalk=- Re: pen/thumb drives

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:43:34 -0700

Hi Cristy,
I'm stalemated in the 1700's.

But I have been able to link a few other trees. I think it is over 2,000=
 names now.

A lady in Australia contacted me to see if I knew anything about her GF.
I was able to give his his name and link him to our family tree.
He had gone to Australia in the 1800 for Scotland Yard to investigate=
 diamond smuggling and stayed there.

My mom's father came from a small town in Rumania and emigrated to the UK=
 along with another young man at 13.
They both changed their surnames and we lost the family connection.

BTW the other young man was Edward G Robson

Another family member married a fellow from the US and took the honeymoon=
 cruse home
HMS Titanic :<(
We don't know the married name so it is another lost link.

I did the search of the Mormon records as well as the British census.

I have a hand written Registrar of Births and Marrages from the 1780 for=
 100 years.
My great Aunt went to UCLA in her 80's to graduate and wrote up a lot of it=
 and listed many of the family connections.

Mike the mod
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 10/29/2005 at 9:49 PM cristy wrote:

Thanks Mike,

So what you are saying is I should be able to open most files on the thumb
drive with the exception of FTM files?
So you were doing family tree research?  Still dabble in it?

christy