-=PCTechTalk=- Re: pctechtalk Digest V2 #25

  • From: <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:23:12 -0800

Yes I know I can send from my Cox cable with another address..as I am doing
that now with my Ukonline account.  And I can do that with mail forwarded
from my website and can respond with my domain name.

He does not use any email program..and that is where I was stuck.  Since he
is in Phoenix and I am in LV.. I cannot just get him to bring his lap top
over and figure out how to set up an email program for him.  I did not
realize the MSN does not use POP3 as their default.  For some reason I
Ass-U=Med that OE would be the default.
Thanks for your help..... I figure I might be able to fool MSN  by using
their smtp info... even though the addy is from elsewhere..which is what I
do with Ukonline accounts..but. alas..he cannot even find OE on his puter.

I thought that was strange... but... Hey..what do I know.not much I guess...

Thanks for the info Cajun!
Rose
Las Vegas