-=PCTechTalk=- Re: new question re Nortons not opening up when boot up

  • From: "Dolores" <inquisitive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:01:13 -0500

sorry should have been clearer - this laptop came with just Norton's anti
virus that was only good for 30 days but didn't self-destruct so was still
showing as being installed - I believe it was called just plain Norton
System Works 2005 - then have XP Home - I did what Norton suggested (they
were saying the problem was because the program was not checked to start up)
and typed in msconfig and there is nada on Norton's yet like I said all of a
sudden it does start up if I reboot - to be on the safe side though I still
turn off the connection until I'm sure it's up and running - so I figure if
that old poltergeist stays asleep I'll be fine - he used to be a real pain
on my desktop but think he left after leaving 'something' behind that after
3 professional reformats still freezes up - but that's another whole story
and hope to get a new desktop sometime this year - Dolores