-=PCTechTalk=- Re: modem progress, still an error though

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 09:12:57 -0500

Did you restart the pc after installing the modem?
Try Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up task list, and End Task on RNAAPP, then try
modem.
Do you have another program that could be accessing the port like a fax
progam?
Do you have a serial mouse on Com-1?
Do you have any conflicts in Device Manager? I have to go back and check the
mouse, but I dont think that is it.  I uninstalled zone alarm and my cam and
anythingn I could think of that would conflict.  I will try ending the
RNAAPP (what is that for by the way?).  I really think I have the modem
configured and installed okay, of course who knows its me doing this...but
it looks right.

christy

Hi Terry,
I did restart it after installing the modem.  I also did cntl, alt delte to
see what applications were running and looked for anything I thought might
be a conflict, no fax programs I know of on that computer.  I checked
printers they are on diff COM, device manager says all is working okay.