-=PCTechTalk=- Re: lost images in email again

  • From: "Bashful Bob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 12:24:23 -0500

This was discussed a while back. I do not recall exactly what the conclusion
was that was reached and by whom (my memory is perfect, but unfortunately it
is just very short). So if my memory serves me correctly it goes something
like this ......................

I  found the HTML setting is checked in on my 98 in tools/options/send  and
under the area labeled mail sending  format. It is in the same place on XP
PRO.

I think that if you have your browser set to HTML (as I do) then in the
button labeled "HTML settings" or "Plain Text Settings", that creates a
compatibility problem. I get some email with an indication that there is an
attachment there when no attachment is actually there. That may because the
other person sending has their settings differently.

As far as lost images goes, I get them quite often and I think it is because
of settings in my browser that are incompatible with the type of images or
(once again) the settings in the senders browser.

I looked through my records of post sent and did not find anything
addressing this problem. So I might not have kept them. Just my guess and
should not be taken literally without further investigation.

Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's
This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the addressee, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee,
you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute
to anyone this message or any part thereof. If you have received this in
error, please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this
information. Thank you