-=PCTechTalk=- Re: internet sharing wired or wireless

  • From: "Bashful Bob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:58:38 -0500

Hi
For all practical purposes, in your case, laptops are no different then
desktop puters except they are easily movable.

For your home network, you "First" need to decide if you want to go
wireless, wired, or a combo. If the laptop will be accessing the Internet
from more than one place in the house, you may want to go wireless. (Keep in
mine, that walls and electrical wiring in the walls can affect the range
(distance) that the wireless computer can operate in) If the laptop will be
used in one location, then wired may be what you want. Then you need to
ascertain how the path the wires will go from the router (which will be
close to the cable box) to the puters. Will they go through walls or around
the walls?

As far as your question about security using wireless, they have security
measures built in on the puter and/or router that can be activated and set
up to stop someone from using your wireless set up to access the internet
and/or your.

Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's
This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the addressee, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee,
you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute
to anyone this message or any part thereof. If you have received this in
error, please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this
information. Thank you