-=PCTechTalk=- Re: internet sharing

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:18:07 -0400

The only
disadvantages I can think of is extra cost and extra security efforts to
avoid outsiders accessing your ISP through the wireless router.

Thanks Tom so much for your wonderfully detailed description of how to do
this.  When you speak to the disadvantages of security efforts, does that
make my computer less secure even though mine is not wireless?  In other
words if we choose the wireless method you described will that make my
computer more vunerable? Does it in effect make my computer wireless as well
as hers?  I believe hers is wireless now and that she only plugs in her
battery charger to recharge her battery.  The NIC you are talking about is a
card that I must install inside the computer yes?

I am not familiar much with laptops as of  yet.

christy