-=PCTechTalk=- Re: installing spybot S&D

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:42:22 -0500

A BHO isn't necessarily bad. Several legit programs add one to your browser,
including Adobe Acrobat. Spybot might add a BHO when you use the immunize
features, as that may be how it prevents certain malicious scripts from
getting through. Never actually investigated that, to be honest with you. I
just install, scan, and immunize. I myself have never had the sort of
problem you're describing. The most I've had in terms of problems with
Spybot has been that it just would not update, no matter what I did.

---Troth