-=PCTechTalk=- Re: ie Security Warning not coming up

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:48:50 +0100

On 11 Apr 2005 at 14:39, Judith wrote:
> I have a security warning which comes up when I click on one of
> my pages on my hard drive that is HTML.
<snip>
> How can I get this security block not to pop up when I open IE
> and click on a page in my hard drive??
>
> Judith

It sounds as though IE thinks that a virus or trojan is attempting to
run from your hard drive, but in this case you happen to know that
it's a legitimate piece of javascript, stored locally. That's
probably why you don't get the warning once the page has been
uploaded.

Try loading up the page on your hard drive. Cancel the warning if it
pops up, and then copy 'n' paste the contents of the Address bar into
the list of domains in your "Trusted Sites" zone in IE. That should
bypass any security warnings. We could probably give you a more
specific solution if you pass on the exact wording of the security
warning.

Faustus