-=PCTechTalk=- Re: high speed internet

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:49:56 -0500

Hank, I am going to hitch on to your subject since this has been uppermost
in my mind these past few days.  I am sorry I can't help you with your
choices but I have a tale to tell about my search for high speed internet.
I decided to go with Wild Blue through Dish Network. They made an appt. to
set me up July 3rd between 8 and 12 noon.  I waited, not too patiently,
until noon and then I called.  Learned that someone had failed to get the
work order out.  The lady mentioned that it was on my credit card so I
checked and sure enough it had already been charged to me.  We set up
another appointment this time for July 17th between 8 and noon.  Again no
one showed up and no one called.  I spent the afternoon on the phone trying
to find out what happened and trying to find someone who knew.  I was put in
touch with their subcontractor, Blue Sky, and she said they were in my town
and I would be next on the list.  Did I still want it?  I told her if they
could still get to me this same day,yes.  No one called me back and no one
showed up.  At about 5 p.m. I called again and she said no one was even in
this area and they had no one out here to do the work.  I canceled the order
and asked for a refund.  I am glad I found out how unreliable they are
before being locked in to an 18 month contract.
Still researching my options--and still on dialup.
Sandi