-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help w/recording from cassette player to computer pls

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 16:40:49 -0400

HI Gman,

I was able to figure it out before I read your email but do have some
questions.  I made a recording of one of my songs that was on my cassette
tape onto my hard drive.

I had figured out where to put the red and white plugs and the 1/8" one into
the sound card line in.  I used my Goldwave program I already had on the
computer to record.  This created a .wav file.  It played back fine, I had
my headset on listening as it was recording and playing back.  I played
around with the volume setting on the "line in" in my controls to see if
that made a difference too.  I then named and saved it.  I then opened my
razor lame program and encolded it to an mp3 file and burned it to a CD
using the windows media player I think.  It recorded to the CD-RW disk but
saved as a cda file (was it supposed to?).  Anyhow it would play back on my
computer (the cda file on the disk) but had background pops and noises.  It
would not however play back on my CD player that is separate from my
computer even though it is supposed to play CD-RW disks.  But it says it
wont play computer disks or mp3's so I am confused.  How do I get it to play
back on a CD player separate from my computer and how do I rid of the
background noise.  I just now did mute the mic like you said.  On the
control panel, I went under sounds, and audio sounds and the sound scheme
was just set on a blank space nothing written there, the drop down offered
no sounds and default.  Should I choose the "no sounds"?

Thanks for any tips.  I would like to be able to play them on CD players,
once successful at that I want to play with some digital enhancement to try
to improve the quality as most of these were recorded when I was singing
live in bands in clubs and we used an old tapeplayer boom box type thing,
may not be much I can do with that!

Christine