-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help w/recording from cassette player to computer pls

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 15:35:39 -0400

Cristy,
    You can connect a cassette player directly to the Line In on your sound
card or mainboard with a dual RCA to stereo 1/8 inch adapter (see link
below).  You'll then need to go into your Volume control window and enable
the Line In control (double click the speaker icon in your Notification
Area, go to Options > Properties and place a check in the box next to 'Line
In').  Make sure you mic is muted during any recording and that the system's
sound scheme is disabled, too (Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices >
Sounds tab).  Otherwise, you could end up with ambient sounds from the room
and various dings, clicks, etc. from the system showing up in your
recordings.

http://tinyurl.com/6m67c3

Advice:
http://www.delback.co.uk/lp-cdr.htm