-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help with annoying pop up window Gman

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 21:48:17 -0400

Cristy,
    I believe I have finally solved this riddle once and for all (or at
least until the next one comes up).       :O)

    Copy your presentation into an empty folder and run it (not the slide
show).  Go to your Kitty page, right click on the movie and select "Play
Movie".  On my system, ClipIt jumps up and tells me that "The linked
multimedia file C:\multimedia/Izzy.wmv is unavailable.  Do you want to
locate it yourself?".  This alone is enough evidence to support my
accusation that you did not have at least some of these sound, movie and
image files in the same folder as the presentation when you were creating
it.  (did that sound official?  I tried to make that sound official.)
lol

    Actually, it makes me wonder if there isn't another way to add
multimedia files to a presentation that will actually Copy the multimedia
file into the presentation or its folder, let you edit it and then embed the
result into the PPT file so no external files are needed.  If we can figure
out how to do this, all of these issues will simply vanish in an instant.

    I also discovered that the Applause sound is a part of PowerPoint, so
there isn't any need for an external sound file.

    As for the last part that confused you, I'm only talking about the
background image.  When you sent me the PPT file all by itself, the
background was already a part of the project (fully embedded).  When you
sent me the folder full of files, the background was one of them.  I'm
saying that specific file is not needed in the folder since the background
shows up fine without it.