-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help with annoying pop up window Gman

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 21:13:13 -0400

That is exactly correct.  The new compressed file will always be made
outside of the folder you are compressing.

On the other hand, if you want to compress a bunch of files, but NOT have
them included inside a folder, you can easily do that, too.  Go inside the
folder where they are stored and select the files you want to include.  When
you right click on one of those selected files, it will offer to make you a
Zip file using the name of the folder you're in, but it won't include the
folder in with the files.  Yes, I'm aware that this may only contribute to
the confusion, but that's my job.  I'm looking to get you through all of the
confusion at once so that you quickly reach the point where it all makes
perfect sense.    ;O)

The trick is that there's no trick.  Make a folder, toss in copies of some
files and experiment.  You'll soon become a compression master and all of
this will become second nature.