-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help with annoying pop up window Gman

  • From: G <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 20:50:25 -0400

Cristy,
    I get the feeling you've been relying on WinZip's wizard to help you
through these procedures.  Unfortunately, Mr. Wizard is extremely limited in
what he can accomplish.  The much more powerful options can be found in the
entries the program adds to various context menus.

    To get all of the files into the Zip file, you have to place all of them
into a single folder and then zip up the entire contents of that folder.
The way to get to that function is to select all of the files within the
folder, right click on one of the files and select "Add to xxx.zip" from the
context menu.  To make it easier, just zip up the folder itself (you'll want
it to have a good name since it will become part of the package) by right
clicking on it and selecting the same entry from the context menu.  The
result will be an already made folder that contains all of the files when
the person uncompresses it.