-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help with annoying pop up window Gman

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 17:47:41 -0400

Cristy,
    You get that warning when you tell IE to Open a file rather than Save it
to your hard drive.  If it were a TXT file, IE would simply hand it off to
Notepad as soon as it finished fetching the file from the online server.
This warning is just telling you that it doesn't know which program handles
PPZ files.

    My next question then has to be "Why is there a PPZ file there when your
presentations should be using PPT?"  Is something changing the extension
once they're uploaded?