-=PCTechTalk=- Re: hardware configuration error on boot

  • From: "recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx" <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:29:52 -0400

She is doing much better today.  Thank you.

So is the computer.  Three consecutive restarts with no configuration
errors.  Yippeeee.

I replaced the data cables on both hard drives and the DVD burner.  For
some dumb reason there is four SATA connectors on the motherboard and
only two SATA power connectors.  That means I had to leave the older
smaller hard drive installed rather than swap with the newer larger one
in the Dell from Hell which has only a SATA power socket on it, no molex
power socket.

Now its FOUR restarts with no error.  :-)           Dare I try for
five?  :-\

Don

Gman wrote:
> Above all else, please wish her well for me.
>
> Peace,
> Gman
>
> http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php

in the Subject.