-=PCTechTalk=- Re: grainy monitor

  • From: "T. Hunt" <ilrover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 21:53:41 -0400

It may be.  You may be overdriving your monitor; IOW, running it at a
refresh rate and color depth it's not capable of handling.  With some
monitors, the screen will become unreadable but with others, they'll
work for a while but burn out much quicker than they would if run within
their limits.  That's why inputing the correct monitor specs is so
critical.  Normally that insures that the monitor won't be overdriven.

What make and model monitor is it?

Tom