-=PCTechTalk=- Re: free zone alarm pop up

  • From: <recklessmaverick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 11:51:39 -0400

I don't use ZA and haven't for years but what you describe sounds
like the price you pay for free software.  I get the same sort of
thing with free CCleaner and other tools.  If you make changes to
the software to stop the advertisement then you may also void the
license you were given to use it.

You might try uninstalling it and then install it fresh doing a
custom install instead of the default install so you can opt out
of any tool bars or other advertising service that would
otherwise be installed.

I have been using the free Microsoft Security Essentials with the
Windows 7 Firewall for a long time.  I have never been hassled
with the firewall or the Essentials requiring approval to run any
software I have installed or having to temporarily disable either
one in order accomplish a task.  Both are problems I had with all
other security software I have ever used (ZA, AVG, CA,
TrendMicro, Kaspersky and others).

Don

Date: 05/05/12

with "unsubscribe" in the Subject.

To join our separate PCTableTalk off-topic group, send a blank
email to:
in the Subject.