-=PCTechTalk=- Re: external hard drive question

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:20:56 -0500

And I'll add the clarification that external hard drives are actually
nothing more than internal drives inside an exterior enclosure.  As Rose
said, you can buy an enclosure and then use your own internal drive (get an
enclosure that matches the type of drive you have (SATA or PATA)) or you can
buy them already assembled (which usually comes with additional software
that may or may not be worth using, depending on your situation).

Peace,
GMan