-=PCTechTalk=- Re: computer security --- DON

  • From: "Bashful Bob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 23:09:59 -0500

Sorry to hear about your router.
WEP and WPA are not a firewall per say. It is a protection scheme. See my
answer to Christy. Suggest you do a search on Google.

I recommend for your consideration the Netgear wireless router which has 3
different types of firewalls and have a built in modem. They are more
expensive then some and to me it was worth it getting the firewalls. As I
remember you have cable so maybe the built in modem will not be for
you.Since I have never used cable, I can not advise you if it will work or
not.  The other draw back is Netgear only gives a 90 day free service for
troubleshooting and questions. You may want to down load the manual for this
router and read over it.

Here is the URL --- http://www.netgear.com/products/details/DG834G.php

I have finals next week and after that I will try to be of help to you in
the other area of your concern. No quarantines, but will try.

Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's
This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the addressee, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee,
you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute
to anyone this message or any part thereof. If you have received this in
error, please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this
information. Thank you