-=PCTechTalk=- Re: capture devises/video cards and memoroy question

  • From: "Jo Ann Weaver" <bookworm54@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 21:13:20 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Christine,

Yes, you should consider how much RAM your computer will run and how many
slots you have. For instance, my Dell has two slots and holds a gig. When I
got it, there was one stick of 128 MB in it. I immediately bought a 256MB
stick and put in the empty slot. Soon after I got a good buy on another 256
MB stick and had to remove the 128 stick. I wish now that I had bought one
512 MB stick. Then later I could have bought another 512 and not wasted any.
In general, I'd say buy RAM big single sticks.

Jo Ann