-=PCTechTalk=- Re: can someone try this??

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:34:54 -0400

You can put a shortcut in your START folder so it automatically starts =
up every time you boot your system, effectively reminding you to update =
it and apply protection.

Or, if you have your system on 24/hrs a day (as do I), you can set your =
scheduler to run it every so often and that, too, will remind you. But, =
you still have to manually hit the UPDATE button on it and you still =
have to manually hit the APPLY PROTECTION button on it.

Now... what I do is I have a folder on my desktop with a shortcut to =
every program I need to run for maintenance on a regular basis. So, my =
'security' folder contains a shortcut to Ad-Aware, Spybot, =
SpywareBlaster, and Norton AV. My AV automatically runs a scan =
every-so-often, but I like to do it manually as well so I can be =
double-sure that the scan is even taking place.

---Troth