-=PCTechTalk=- Re: antivirus not responding

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:49:16 -0800

Hi Cristy,
Symantec/Norton recently issued a fix for problems it was having with its=
 AV
You may need to download a patch for NAV

Since NAV2004 it checks the licence before allowing updated.
This may be the cause of the problem.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/
Just Updated
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 2/17/2005 at 6:51 PM cristy wrote:

I wonder if this is friday 13th?

Now my symantec is saying it is not enabled and when I try to get it to
scan, says it is on network resource that is not available or something.
But when I right click on the icon there is a check mark beside enabled.  I=

use my school's symantec corp version since I am enrolled there as a
student.. I do not know why it is not working, I am downloading it again
but
I would assume the installation is not the problem.

Any suggestions?

christy