-=PCTechTalk=- Re: anitviral

  • From: "BashfulBob" <BashfulBob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 17:30:05 -0500

Yea, I am having a bad time with Norton's on their renewal. It did not go
right and they want me to spend $29.95 to call them per incident or $2.95
per minute ($177 per hour) to call them to walk me through removing the Live
Update and reinstalling it. The tech guy wanted me to perform or run
programs in the 2003 to cure the problem (removing registry keys), which is
what I am trying to renew (d/l). He doesn't seem to understand I can't do
that till I get it d/l. Plus they still have my money and are not answering
my latest email, which I sent about a week ago. The renewal fee is $15 so it
would cost me more to call them then going out and buying 2003 over the
counter epically with the rebates. Norton's provide NO TOLL FREE NUMBER and
they consider on line contact ------- email---------- and that takes for
ever to get straightened out. I am very unhappy and have let them know it.

I do not know what "AVG" stands for but have seen messages that stated it
did not find the virus that has hit a lot in here where Norton's, Micro
Trend and some others did.

Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's