-=PCTechTalk=- Re: adding downloaded fonts

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:06:36 -0700

It also works in Outlook Express.

I too do this in PSP.

I have been a fontaholic for years!  Way back in Windows 3.1 and Win 98 I
was adding a lot of them to the Windows/Fonts folder.

I learned my lesson when I could barely do anything! haha!

Now.. I do what the folks here have recommended.  I just go to the folder
where the font I want to use is stored and double click on it.. and voila
...it is available to use.

There are programs, like Font Lister, etc.

Here is an article with some hints and links of font related stuff that
could keep you busy till the ...well ...till the fonts come home...haha!
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/aboutgraphics/a/fontoverload.htm
Much of this seems to be aimed at Win 98 and Me, but, those are the folks
who really have a bigger problem with fonts.  The articles explain this.

This is food for thought...

Rose
Las Vegas