-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Zone Alarm

  • From: "Don" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:56:52 -0400

Joyce,

If your friend's uncle does not have a computer friendly friend or companion
have him do a Google search for PC user groups in his area or call/visit
some local (not chain) computer parts/repair shops and ask about user groups
in the area.  User Groups are notorious for being friendly and helpful,
though some may require a small membership fee to join or get help.

For example:
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=deskbar&q=%2Bcomputer+%2B%22user+group%22+%2BKansas

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=%2Bcomputer+%2B%22user+group%22+%2BPennsylvania

Lists over 11,000 hits for computer user groups in Kansas and Pennsylvania.
Search the results on a specific city or county or PC or Mac to narrow the
list.

Don
---

PLEASE, if you are able, help the Hurricane Charley, Frances, Ivan and
Jeanne relief efforts.  Your help can be to donate blood, cash, groceries,
clothing, shelter, volunteer time or just thoughts and prayers.  I promise
it will be sincerely appreciated by those that need the assistance.  Call
your favorite religious, volunteer or charitable agencies to learn how you
can help.   Thank you.