-=PCTechTalk=- Re: XP Musical boot failure

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:17:52 -0400

If one OS is used to Move a shared resource, it could hijack the overall
permissions for that resource.  How much this could apply to your situation
is very much up in the air.

The image will also contain the MBR for a given volume.  Was the Vista image
made before XP existed?  If so, the restored MBR won't know a thing about
XP.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php