-=PCTechTalk=- Re: XP Crash Problem

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:41:04 -0500

It is no guarantee, but since it mentions the word "driver", I would try to
boot into SAFE mode and check all of my installed drivers.  If SAFE mode
works it is a good bet that you have a bad driver.  If it does NOT work, you
might still have a bad driver, but it is not as good of a bet.

A second tip would be to enter enter and examine all the BIOS settings to be
sure nothing has been corrupted there.

A third and last tip would be to boot using your anti-virus rescue disk and
see what the scan finds.  I would not bet on this at all since most viruses
WANT you to boot up so they can clone themselves to the addresses in your
address book.

Don

Do YOU want a gmail account invitation?  Include your email address in the
body of a private message to dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx