-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wireless

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:41:00 -0400

Sandy,
    The difference is that we've experimented enough to have learned a bunch
of tricks to making things less 'painful' than the average user.  For
instance, get PSP as set up as you need it to be.  Then, using WinZip,
WinRAR, 7-Zip or some other decent compression program, compress the entire
plugins folder and put the compressed result away for safe keeping.  If you
ever have to reinstall, just uncompress that big file to the correct place
and all of your plugins will be back to work in one shot.  Those that need
serial numbers will ask you for them when you first use the plugin.  Other
than that, you've just saved yourself from having to reinstall each one
manually.         :O)

    If you have a lot of third party brushes, fonts, tubes, etc., do the
same for them.

Peace,
Gman