-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wireless

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:15:24 -0400

Sandy,
    Installing FROM the desktop is not the same as RUNNING them from there.
Portable apps actually RUN from wherever they are, so the desktop should be
avoided.  I'm pretty sure that PPC Wiz is an installable app, so you can
install it from the desktop to a different location within Program Files.
Just understand that the resources used by the installer to do all of that
will not be immediately released for reuse through the rest of the system.
In fact, it may take a reboot to regain the use of them.

    As for why things are so much more complicated than they ought to be, no
one person will be able to answer that with anything approaching true
authority.  My own involvement with the 'under the hood' stuff is pretty
extensive and I have some theories, but that's all they are.  I honestly
don't want to believe any of them.         lol

Peace,
Gman